At samedaydoctor in Canary Wharf we try and offer as wide a range of services as possible.
One of our longstanding practitioners is Nicolas Ivanoff, who is our resident Podiatrist and Chiropodist.
He is registered with Health Professions Council (HPC) & is a Member of the Society of Chiropody and Podiatry
Nicolas originally hails from Paris but has been working in London for many years. He started out in Harley Street and then in, 2006 he moved to our current location, in West India Quay, in Canary Wharf.
He is an expert in treating verrucaes and is one of the first practitioners in the area that offers the new and specialised Dry Needling technique for treating this hard to treat condition.
He is also highly skilled in in Nail surgery and giving local anaesthesia.
Below is a list of common treatments Nicolas performs onsite:
- Chiropody Treatments: Corns and calluses treatments.
- Podiatry Treatments: GAIT analysis, biomechanical assessment and prescribed orthotics with clinical and computerized assessment.
- Nail Surgery: Under local anaesthetic, partial or total nail removal, mainly designed for ingrown toe nails. In certain circumstances, despite conservative treatment, some toenails may require to be removed. Podiatrists have developed highly successful techniques to treat all types of painful nail conditions from nails that are ingrown, involuted, infected, deformed (abnormal) shape and or with fungal infection
- Dry Needling:The latest treatment for verrucaes under local anaesthetic. Dry needling is an innovative and highly effective treatment for Verrucaes which just will not go away.
Common verrucae treatments, such as Cryotherapy (freezing), or chemical caustics work by creating a thermal or chemical burn in and around the verrucae. This aims to resolve the verrucae by creating inflammation and swelling around the area, thereby provoking an immune system response
- Cryotherapy: An efficient treatment for verrucaes.
- Diabetic Foot assessment: Vascular assessment by Doppler (ultrasound) and neurological assessment.
- Fungal Nail treatment: Expert assessment to evaluate the best treatment for onychomycosis.
For further information please visit his website.